Jan 22, 2017 Tags: meta
I’ve just registered a new domain - yossarian.net. Although woodruffw.us has served me well over the years, it’s not an easy name for people to remember and has been a source of growing pains with respect to how I present myself online. I’ll be keeping it online for a few more months (until April) to shake any breakage caused by the changes out, but after that yossarian.net will be my only domain name for the foreseeable future.
I’ve moved this blog over to it (woodruffw.github.io should now point to blog.yossarian.net instead of the old blog.woodruffw.us).
If you’re one of the three people who read my blog via RSS, please update your feed URL (it’s now http://blog.yossarian.net/feed.xml).
While I haven’t changed my email, I have added redirections from the new domain. The email@example.com address will continue to work, but I think firstname.lastname@example.org has a nicer ring to it.
I’ve also decided to disable analytics for this blog. I never did end up sharing traffic data as I promised nearly two years ago, partially because I became lazy and partially because the reports were never that exciting. To sum them up: the majority of my traffic is from the anglosphere, and is savvy enough to block analytics scripts. I also have some regular readers in Poland, India, and Russia.
That’s about it!